[gdal-dev] GDAL Releases

Andrew Brooks arb at sat.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Oct 8 05:39:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 21:55:41 +0100, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

> I would like to prepare a 1.5.3 release candidate tomorrow since it has been
> quite a while since the last stable release.  Are there any objections or
> bug fixes seen as worth holding this up for?

Please don't release it until the HDF4, HDF4-eos and HDF5 support has
been fixed.  This was discussed 4 months ago when you said
"I consider these significant, but ok to be put off to a 1.5.3 release"
I've just downloaded the trunk and all three are still broken.

Andrew

P.S. See the thread here:
http://www.nabble.com/Motion:-Adopt-GDAL-OGR-1.5.2-RC3-as-1.5.2-td17545259.html