[gdal-dev] Motion: Adopt GDAL 1.5.3RC1 as official 1.5.3 Release

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 13 04:57:57 EDT 2008

Hi Frank and Pirmin,

If gdal 1.5.4 can be released soon, which should include Pirmins
improvements, its fine for me. Meanwhile I can install/test the trunk
builds on my Linux machines.

My problem is that I also have to maintain a couple of Windows machines
with gdal and QGIS which should get the improvements as well. I can't
compile on Windows, which means I am dependent on official gdal/QGIS
updates. Hence my interest of having Pirmins improvements in the official
builds.

Thanks,
Andreas

> Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> Pirmin Kalberer is working the next week on some Interlis
>> improvements/fixes. Ideally, these could go into GDAL 1.5.3.
>>
>> Pirmin do you think this would be feasible?
>>
>> Frank, can we wait a couple more days before the official release?
>>
>> I certainly don't want to block the next gdal release, but if it is
>> possible to wait for a few more days I'd appreciate it.
>>

> Andreas,
>
> I am not really keen on holding back the release unless something
> about 1.5.3RC1 is worse than 1.5.2 (I hate regression).  We don't have
> to wait as long for 1.5.4 as we did for 1.5.3.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> warmerdam at pobox.com

Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland
Email: a.neumann at carto.net, Web:
* http://www.carto.net/ (Carto and SVG resources)
* http://www.carto.net/neumann/ (personal page)
* http://www.svgopen.org/ (SVG Open Conference)