[gdal-dev] gdal2tiles status

Klokan Petr Přidal klokan at klokan.cz
Tue Oct 14 05:44:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

> I noticed that the new gdal2tiles is going to have support for mercator
> tiles compatible with MSVE.  What is the status of this work and is there a
> scheduled release date?

I would like to have the new version in GDAL 1.6.
I am working on cleaning it and merging with SVN trunk... from this
week on again actively ...

The raw but running code is now available in my gdal svn sandbox
(klokan), but it is using some SWIG functions added in the latest GDAL
trunk (overview scaling, rgba palette in vrt) which is not available
yet in binaries like FWTools. So to use it now you need to compile
GDAL 1.6 from SVN source code anyway...

I am going to publish a wx-based GUI for it as well...
http://www.maptiler.org/. Work is in progress too...
For more info search the archive of this conference for my Summer of
Code reports and check the website of maptiler...

I will write a post to this conference about the progress for sure.

Klokan Petr Pridal