[gdal-dev] Re: Motion: Adopt GDAL 1.5.3RC1 as official 1.5.3 Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Oct 16 11:56:54 EDT 2008

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Motion: Adopt GDAL 1.5.3RC1 as official 1.5.3 Release
>
> This vote should be open till late on Tuesday.  Please vote or comment
> after you have had a chance to try the release candidate.

Folks,

I'm +1 on this motion as well.

I declare the motion passed with support from Tamas, Even and myself and
no PSC opposition from the PSC.

There were a few items mentioned as desirable but missing from this release
but I think it is more appropriate to hold a 1.5.4 release within a month
or so that captures those if we can get them incorporated.  Without a paid
maintainer some bug patches are delayed getting incorporated.

I'll take care of updating the web site, etc with the 1.5.3 release, and
announcing it on gdal-announce.