[gdal-dev] Odd things after using ogr2ogr

Kai Behncke Kai-Behncke at gmx.de
Thu Oct 23 06:03:35 EDT 2008

Dear users:

I did it in the following way: With gdalwarp I projected an air image to 31467.
With ogr2ogr I transformed a shape from 4326 to 31467.

To have a comparison I transformed my data also with ArcGIS.

Then I loaded the data (in Quantum GIS and in ArcGIS)- everything looked fine, so I have got what I want.
Furthermore I compared with other already projected geodata, everything wonderfull!

Then I loaded the original-shape file (4326) in Quantum GIS and made on the fly
 a projection of these data to 31467 - and then the skip occured.

You can see the result in the following image:
http://www.selbstverwaltung-bundesweit.de/test/loesung.PNG

(selektion_roads are the original data (4326) projected to 31467 in Q-GIS,
selektion_roads_31467 transformed with fwtools).

However, with the air image and selektion_roads_31467 I have got what I wanted.

Best regards, Kai
-------- Original-Nachricht --------