[gdal-dev] No support for widestrings in ArcSDE driver for OGR ?

Anders Moe anders.moe at geocap.no
Mon Oct 27 04:02:10 EDT 2008

Hi all

Throughout GDAL 1.5 and 1.6+ I havent been able to reading most strings from ArcSDE using OGR, which is probably caused by the ArcSDE drivers lack of widestring support (?). Is this correct, or am I doing something wrong ? I'm pretty desperate for this to work now. Seems as if a lot of ArcSDE data is stored as widestrings, which seriously limits the applicability of my connection. Could anyone give me an update on this ? I've tried looking at the tickets but failed to find an entry that adressed this issue. Thanks,

Anders.