[gdal-dev] Saving data to the TEXT domain NITF

Kurt Landrus klandrus at progeny.net
Mon Oct 27 15:39:14 EDT 2008

Hello;
	I working with GDAL to support NITF imagery, I'm having a problem
with trying to save text data to the
I can read data from the Text segment just fine. However when I try to
save data back to the nitf in the TEXT segment using the call
below,  I receive no err, but the data doesn't get saved.

	// save text segment to dataset.
	err = GDALSetMetadataItem(dataset, "DATA_0", tmp3, "TEXT");

When I try to verify the text in the TEXT segment using gdalinfo,
there is no TEXT segment data contained in the NITF file.
Is there other calls required to set up this,  what I am doing wrong.
Thanks;

GDAL 1.5.2, released 2008/05/29
Linux merlin 2.6.18-53.el5PAE #1 SMP Wed Oct 10 16:48:18 EDT 2007 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Kurt Landrus
Progeny Systems Corp.
klandrus at progeny.net