[gdal-dev] MSYS buildslave

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Oct 29 08:04:44 EDT 2008

All,

I've set up a buildslave, which builds GDAL from a fresh checkout of the
trunk in Windows using the MSYS environment. Currently the build is
quite lean and only Perl bindings are built in addition to the core dll
and apps. Only Perl tests are run.

The slave is listed on http://buildbot.osgeo.org:8500/waterfall and it
runs on a vmware'd windows on my desktop machine at work. The slave was
easy to set up - once I understood that the buildmaster listens at port
1500 and *not* at 8500.

The build is not quite right out of box, I've had to add two small hacks
(done by small perl scripts at each build):

- edit GNUmakefile in gdal root to replace ${GDAL_ROOT} with "."
(ticket: #2127)
- edit swig/perl/Makefile.PL to add c:/msys/1.0/local/{lib|include},
which contains some things that get into gdal core (curl, geos) in my system

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Environmental Management Information Technology