[gdal-dev] MSYS buildslave

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Thu Oct 30 10:38:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:04:44PM +0200, Ari Jolma wrote:
> I've set up a buildslave, which builds GDAL from a fresh checkout of
> the trunk in Windows using the MSYS environment. Currently the build
> is quite lean and only Perl bindings are built in addition to the core
> dll and apps. Only Perl tests are run.

Ari,

If you are planning to extend a build to include NG Python bindings note
that there is one problem. For some reason module built from
swig/python/extensions/gdalconst_wrap.c cannot be loaded by the stock
Python binaries (built with MSVS 2003). I have ended up renaming that
file in gdalconst_wrap.cpp with the appropriate change in
swig/python/setup.py and everything works fine after that. The problem
is weird and I failed to pin it down, so the above workaround.

Otherwise of that bug Python stuff should be perfectly compilable and
usable with the official binary Python distribution.

Best regards,
Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev