[gdal-dev] KML and custom styles

Christopher Condit condit at sdsc.edu
Thu Sep 4 18:46:08 EDT 2008

Hi Tom-
The KML styling has always been problematic because of course everyone
will want something different. I do think this would be a good idea, but
I'm not sure how many folks / organizations are using this kind of setup
now. At my institution we typically write an XSL stylesheet to
postprocess any KML that needs to look nice. I put an example out on the
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal under KML, but there seems to be a problem
with the trac server right now.

If you think people would use this feature go ahead and file an
enhancement  ticket (once the trac server gets fixed) for it and I'll
try and take a look soon.

Thanks for the input!
-Chris