[gdal-dev] inflateCopy required?

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Sep 5 17:35:34 EDT 2008

After a bit of googling, I see that
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-May/065081.html

You probably must link against zlib < 1.2.X
The question now is : should we support zlib < 1.2.X and workaround the
missing symbol ? I could test ZLIB_VERNUM.
InflateCopy is used to make seeking faster in zlib compressed streams. Thus It
is not strictly necessary and could be workaround, but I'm wondering if we
want to support zlib < 1.2.X