[gdal-dev] gdal 1.5.2's RADARSAT-2 driver

Philippe Vachon philippe at cowpig.ca
Fri Sep 12 15:41:40 EDT 2008

Hi Shawn,

If you're using GDAL directly, and don't select a subdataset AND the
program you're writing ignores subdatasets, you can just read the
digital numbers without any other work. A hidden misfeature of the RS2
driver.

However, if you're using it with OpenEV or something, it might be
possible to just prepend RADARSAT_2_CALIB:UNCALIB: to the filename. This
will tell the RS2 driver to provide only uncalibrated DNs. However, no
guarantees this will work with OpenEV.

As far as the GeoTIFF error goes, I'll have to delegate that to someone
else -- I have heard reports that there are non-standard GeoTIFF tags in
the production RADARSAT-2 datasets, but I don't know if that's the cause
of the warning you're seeing or not.

Cheers,
Phil