[gdal-dev] MapInfo error handling

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Mon Sep 22 14:35:54 EDT 2008

Linda Thompson wrote:

> We have quite few customers with problems in their Mapinfo .map files.
> We would like to allow the user to see the .dat information and report
> the problem with their .map file.  I have created a patch for the
> problem that allows me to continue displaying data for the customer and
> allows more flexibility in dealing with the error.
>
> Do you think this may be a benefit to others using MITAB?

For the record, we took this off-list with Linda and it turns out that
the files that lead to this patch are corrupt and can't even be read by
  MapInfo itself. The proposed patch would effectively disable a
validation of the source data in MITAB to accomodate for corrupt files
so we're not going to include it for now.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/