[gdal-dev] Reading/Interpreting multi band Tiffs

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Tue Sep 23 06:53:04 EDT 2008

Hi there,

up to now I only faced Tiff images with palette information. It was
relatively easy to read and display everything - I use RasterIO for the
one available band and the color table.
Now I want to load and display multi band Tiff images - namely the bands
red, green and blue. For what I have understood a pixels RGB value is
then the value from the red band at the pixels position as red value,
the green value from the green band and so on. So do I understand it
right that I have to make three RasterIO calls to get the color of one
pixel - one call for each band? Exists there maybe a more convenient way
like making one call and getting back the color?

Thanks in advance,
Tom