[gdal-dev] lib questions

Nidel, Mike mike.nidel at lmco.com
Fri Sep 26 08:36:40 EDT 2008

Two quick questions:

1. What is libgdalconstjni.so? I've been building and using the JNI
interfaces and just blindly including this file, but I can't determine
what this is and whether I need it. Sorry if this is a stupid question,
I couldn't find the answer in any of the build docs.

2. Is there a reason why on linux the build creates a libgdal.so whereas
on Windows it's gdalXX.dll, i.e. the version number is inserted in the
name? I would think you'd want to be consistent across platforms there.

thanks,

Mike Nidel