[gdal-dev] "Open Subarea" of Geotiff with openEV

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Apr 5 23:13:25 EDT 2009

yong du wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using OpenEV to read geotiff file converted from CEOS format of
> Radarsat SAR image. What I am trying to do is to cut a subarea in the
> whole scene. When I run "open subarea", it doesn't work. Any solution
> and advice?

Yong,

I have corrected a bug with the open_subarea.py tool.   The patch looks like:

diff -r1.3 open_subarea.py
178a179
 >             self.band_num_list = [1]

This changes the tools/open_subarea.py file such that the end of the
method file_selection_ok() looks like:

         else:
             self.band_num_list = [1]
             self.band_grid.hide()
  	self.dialog.show()

This problem only affects files with one band.