[Gdal-dev] Gdal HDF4 Support

enjoylives yk_nju at 163.com
Tue Apr 14 02:12:04 EDT 2009

hello everyone,
I need a compiled GDAL which supports HDF4/HDF5.
I followed some instructions and compiled HDF5 successfully with HDF5 1.6.6 but compiling HDF4 really troubled me a lot.
I tried HDF41r5, HDF42r1,HDF42r2,HDF42r5 with different forms of namek.opt information, such as :
HDF4_PLUGIN = YES
HDF4_DIR = D:\42r2-win-vs2005
HDF4_LIB = $(HDF4_DIR)\dll\hm422m.lib $(HDF4_DIR)\dll\hd422m.lib \
                          $(HDF4_DIR)\dll\mfhdf_fcstubdll.lib Ws2_32.lib
but these all failed because when I use gdalinfo --formats to look for the supported formats, I only find HDF5 but no HDF4.

Looking for your kindly help!