[gdal-dev] Getting MITAB format out with projection

Reinaldo Escada Chohfi rec at geodesign.com.br
Tue Apr 14 08:00:26 EDT 2009

Folks,

When I use the following piece of code in a program I can get the
Shape files with the correct projection parameters in a .prj ESRI style file.

const char *pszDriverName = "ESRI Shapefile";
OGRSFDriver *poDriver;
OGRRegisterAll();
.
.
.
OGRSpatialReference oSRS;
oSRS.SetWellKnownGeogCS( "EPSG:4326" );

oSRS.morphToESRI();
oSRS.exportToWkt( &pszWKT );

FILE *prj1;
prj1 = fopen("..\point_out.prj","w");
fprintf(prj1, "%s\n", pszWKT );

However, if I specify

const char *pszDriverName = "MapInfo File";
.
.
.
OGRSpatialReference oSRS;
oSRS.SetWellKnownGeogCS( "EPSG:4326" );

I don't get the MapInfo files with the projection parameters.  I get
the MapInfo files as a non-earth.

Any suggestions are welcomed to help in getting the MapInfo files
with the correct projection information.

Thanks in advance.

Reinaldo