[gdal-dev] Padding/spacing in mysql driver output

P.Romero romero619 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 19 03:32:31 EDT 2009

Hi,
Im new to this list.
I use ogr w/ the mysql driver as part of a mapserver installation.

Im having an issue with the formatting of numeric results that are being
returned from a mysql query.
It appears that values originating from 'double'-typed fields in the MySQL
database are showing up in ogr's output with a large amount of 'blank space'
left-padding.

Here's an example of some output from running "ogrinfo -al
'myQueryFile.ovf'":

OGRFeature(mypoints):86
  max(recTS) (Integer) = 1240078380
  buoyName (String) = 51202
  lat (Real) =                     21
  lon (Real) =                   -158
  MAG (Real) =                    -371
  WDIR (Real) =                    -99
  WSPD (Real) =                    -99
  ADIR (Real) =                      81
  ts (DateTime) = 2009/04/04  0:43:00
  POINT (-157.680000000000007 21.420000000000002 0)

In case my hotmail account mangles the above output, here is a description
of what is occuring:
Any value with a datatype of 'Real' (i.e., 'double' in MySQL) is appearing
with approx. 20 spaces of left-padding. However, other datatypes are not
showing this large padding.

The extra spacing is also showing up in my mapserver ogr/mysql query output;
its unnecessary, unwanted, & unacceptable, so Id like to remove it.

Is this spacing a bug, or by design?
How can I go about removing it from ogr's query results?

Thanks in advance,
P.Romero