[gdal-dev] Help required for building GDAL 1.6.0 with Xerces 3.0.1 support on Windows XP SP2

Ajmeri Iqbal isajmeri at rediffmail.com
Tue Apr 28 00:57:30 EDT 2009

Dear All,I am trying to build GDAL 1.6.0 with Xerces 3.0.1 support on windows XP with SP2 using MinGW5.1.4 and MSYS1.0.I have sucessfully built Xerces 3.0.1 and installed in /usr/local. However when I try to build gdal 1.6 with the ./configure  --with-xerces=yes flag the Xerces support is not enabled in GDAL. The output indicates that the configure script was able to find the include files for xerces but fails to find the libraries. you can look at some part of  my build output .::checking for MySQL... nochecking for Ingres... nochecking for Xerces C++ Parser headers in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/include/xercesc... foundchecking for Xerces C++ Parser libraries... not foundchecking for Xerces C++ Parser... nochecking for Expat XML Parser... nochecking for SQLConnect in -lodbc... no::I am obviously missing out something but I am not able to figure out what is it.I would appreciate if any one can point out how to enable the xerces support in gdal 1.6.With regardsIqbal