[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr in fwtools 2.3 on windows gml to shp issue

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Apr 29 13:48:52 EDT 2009

Hi,

As far as the message "ERROR 1: Too much data inside one element. File
probably corrupted" is concerned, I think that FWTools-2.3.0 showed a
temporary regression where the maximum size for a geometry was limited to
100,000 bytes to avoid reading corrupted/hostile files. This limit was proved
to be too low and raised to 10,000,000 bytes a bit later (see
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2818) and I believe that this fix went into
FWTools-2.3.1. Unfortunately the FWTools home page isn't well updated and it
only shows 2.3.0 as the latest version. But you can find here FWTools 2.3.1 :
http://home.gdal.org/fwtools/FWTools231.exe

I was able to rename an attribute in a generated .gfs file and ogrinfo
successfully returned the modified attribute name. So you'll have to provide
more details, ideally a small GML file and the modified .gfs demonstrating a
problem.

Best regards,
Even