[gdal-dev] converting a multi-thousand polygon shapefile into a shapefile that just contains the exterior vertices

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:56:07 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have created a shape file via gdaltindex based a few thousand geotiff's.

I don't need all of the interior grids within this shape file just the
exterior vertices's.

How can I convert this shape file so that it does not have the interior grid
and just the exterior vertices's.

I am displaying this shape file within UMN MapServer and I want to increase
the performance by eliminating the drawing of the interior grids.

Thanks,

John Mitchell

--
John J. Mitchell