[Gdal-dev] GDAL seems unable to translate CIB data set

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Aug 6 16:28:56 EDT 2009

Ollie,

There's probably nothing wrong with your dataset. The error comes from the
part of the driver that tries to mosaic all the NITF tiles from the CIB
exchange. The error issued by the RPFTOC driver is an assertion that checks
that the theoretical placement of the tile into the mosaic given by the
A.TOC file is consistant with the georeferencing of the NITF tile itself.
The assertion would indicate that the longitude of the north west corner of
the tile wouldn't match the one deduced from the A.TOC. Maybe the test is a
bit too strict on the precision. I don't know. I've been able to test the
driver on many CADRG datasets, but no CIB until now. What would help to
understand is sending the output of gdalinfo on the .\NI425J2\01LGBN2B.I42
tile to get its georeferencing (gdalinfo on other random tiles could help
also to see/confirm if it's limited on a single tile or a general
phenomenon) and joining the A.TOC file which is just an index and contains
no imagery. You could create a Trac ticket (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/) for
that. (I won't be able to look at this before two weeks).

Best regards,

Even