[gdal-dev] Motion: Adopt GDAL 1.6.2RC2 as final release (Frank Warmerdam)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Aug 6 22:47:45 EDT 2009

Right, but since every object rule does include either CFLAGS or
CXXFLAGS, put the arch flags in those instead of CPPFLAGS.  It works.

For the gcore makefile, CPPFLAGS is probably setting general flags for
the objects, BUT gdaldrivermanager is a special case because it needs
that extra macro.  It probably wouldn't hurt to use CPPFLAGS here for
consistency, but it's not necessary.

On Aug 6, 2009, at 9:27 PM, Hopper, James E. wrote:

> frmt/ilwis, make file is below.  CPPFLAGS does not include the
> passed in CPPFLAGS only GDAL_INCLUDE.  I looked at the .o files in
> this directory using apples "file" utility and they plainly showed
> the files to be i386 when i had configured with ppc.
>
> gcore is using the passed in CPPFLAG to create the local CPPFLAG,
> but it is using CXXFLAG instead of the CPPFLAG that is constructed
> in the makefile (see second makefile).  It might be possible to use
> just CXXFLAG, but its not correct for the makefiles to mix them up.
> it should stick with one or the other.
>
> jim

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always
now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the
accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan