[gdal-dev] Getting BigTiff support in Ubuntu 9.04 64bits

Felix Schalck felix.schalck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 14:35:17 EDT 2009

Dear Frank,

After some extensive research, I discovered this:

qwerkus at qwerkus-desktop:~$ ls -la /usr/local/bin/gdalwarp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 95391 2009-08-14 20:20 /usr/local/bin/gdalwarp
qwerkus at qwerkus-desktop:~$ ls -la /usr/bin/gdalwarp
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 31608 2009-03-10 00:32 /usr/bin/gdalwarp

Looks like your were right: it is an installation problem: looks like
the installation script doesn't put gdal in the sam directory as the
ubuntu package manager.
Now, here comes another problem:

By invoquing /usr/local/bin/gdalwarp, I have this error message:

gdalwarp: error while loading shared libraries: libgdal.so.1: cannot

Although, by launching gdalwarp from the compilation directory (in
scr/apps), It works fine INCLUDING BIGTIFF option.
How can I fix the linking problem ?

Thanks for your patience,

Felix Schalck