[Gdal-dev] Eagle Eye compression

TW theodore.wu at ngc.com
Fri Aug 28 19:02:44 EDT 2009

Hi all, I am new to the forum and have recently started using GDAL for a
project.  What I'm basically trying to do is take a NITF file, extract the
image from it, and display it.  One of the compression methods that NITF
could use is Eagle Eye compression.  I have found very little information on
this and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of it or knows anything
about it?  This does not seem to be supported in GDAL right now but are
there any plans for doing so?

Thanks