[gdal-dev] help:About Getting StyleString

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Aug 29 12:34:48 EDT 2009

Randyqiu wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>   I have been in trouble with getting S_57 format(.000) files=A1=AF=20
> =A1=B0styleString=A1=B1.
>=20
>  According to the article named =A1=B0OGR - Feature Style Specification=
=20
> <http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_feature_style.html>=A1=B1, I wanted to get=
 some=20
> information about =A1=B0drawing tools=A1=B1 such as color=A1=A2pen widt=
h by using some=20
> functions as follows:
>=20
> * OGRLayer::GetStyleTable ()**=A1=A2**OGRFeature::GetStyleString()**=A1=
=A2=20
> **OGRDataSource:: GetStyleTable()*
>=20
> But they all returned nothing(0x000000) which means these functions wer=
e=20
> useless and didn=A1=AFt get what I want .
>=20
> Now, can you tell me the reason? Is it because I used the wrong functio=
n=20
> or anything else? Can you give me an instance about getting the=20
> =A1=B0StyleString=A1=B1 or =A1=B0drawing tools=A1=B1 information?

Randyqiu,

I'm afraid that the S57 driver does not provide style support.  In fact,
I believe only two or three drivers do support styles.  In the case of S5=
7
format the style is not really intrinsic in the file though there are
standards  (S52) defined which indicate how S-57 data ought to be display=
ed.

Best regards,
--=20
-----
I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox=
.com