[gdal-dev] VRT KernelFilteredSource and NoDataValue

Belaid MOA belaid_moa at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 30 16:02:48 EDT 2009

As always, thank you very ... very much Even. Just to make sure I understood your reply correctly,
I do the following to set the source_0 and the nodatavalue (passed as argument)
after creating the XML for the VRTKernelFilteredSource and set it in the papszMetadata array.
The poBand is the RasterBand I get from the VRT dataset.

      poBand->SetNoDataValue(noDataValue);
      poBand->SetMetadata( papszMetadata, "vrt_sources" );

Is this right place to set the NoDataValue of the VRTRasterBand?

For the normalization effect (normalized=1), does it mean that:
1- The no data value pixels are ignored AND
2- The coefficients of valid pixels only are adjusted so that their sum  is equal to 1?
If this is the case, then it is exactly the behavior I want!

With best regards.
~Belaid.