[gdal-dev] UTF-8 String Support in GDALOpen() and OGRSFDriverRegistrar::Open()

Lodewijk Pool louis.pool at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 10:32:16 EDT 2009

Hi Chaitanya,

Yes, this is using the C/C++ API, the functions I am using are declared in *
gdal.h* and *ogrsf_frmts.h* respectively. I am using WinXP 32bit (UK English
locale) and a version of GDAL 1.6.2 that I compiled for Win32 using the
supplied nmake script files for VC8. The specific filename that is causing
me problems is this one; *"découpage_geographique.TAB"*. If I remove the 'é'
character in that string and replace it with a normal 'e' the file opens
without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Louis.