[gdal-dev] getting "FL" (filelength) metadata field out of NITF file header

Dan hagrdan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 16:11:50 EST 2009

Hi,
Brand new to GDAL, and I'm using GDAL under SWIG's C# wrapper to read
metadata out of nitf files using the GetMetaData("") command.  It's
going very well in general.

If this is a dumb question, please forgive me.  There is a field "FL"
(FileLength) in the NITF spec, but this field is not in the set of
values passed back from this command, or at least it doesn't come back
using the stock command.

Is there another way to get the "FL" data back from a NITF file using GDAL?

Thanks in advance,
Dan