[gdal-dev] Changing CURL options

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Dec 9 12:12:02 EST 2009

Joel Odom wrote:
> Is there a good way to change CURL options at run-time?  We're using the
> pre-built GDAL binaries, and I need to change the CURL behavior when I
> call into GDAL from FalconView.  Specifically, I want to disable SSL
> certificate verification.  Thanks for any help on this.

Joel,

There are some specific options that can be controlled via passed in
options to the CPLHTTPFetch() function but this does not appear to be
one of them.  I vaguely recall some curl options being overrideable
via some sort of dot file in the user home directory and/or environment
variables.  You might want to read up on this in the Curl docs.  If not,
you can pretty easily locally modify CPLHTTPFetch() in gdal/port/cpl_http.cpp.