[Gdal-dev] Which tool to add an offset?

NopMap ekkehart at gmx.de
Tue Dec 22 11:12:49 EST 2009

Hi!

I am building a map with several layers containing OSM geometry and
hillshading+contours. The rendering chain for the hillshading is

SRTM GeoTiff -> gdal_merge -> gdal_warp -> hillshading.exe -> mapnik

Now I have the problem that the hillshading and the geometry do not
quite match. It seems the hillshading is offset some constant distance
to the north and west. I suspect as the offset looks like some 100m that
this is a result of the sample size of the SRTM data and the particular
hillshading algorithm.

Now I am looking for a way to correct this offset, so that optically the
shading rests in the expected position relative to the geometry. But I don't
know how to do this. I have tried modifying the projections for gdal_warp
with some false northing, but the results always remains the same.

Any idea on how to move the hillshading 100m to the south?

thank you

    Nop