[Gdal-dev] KML with descriptions from Postgis Views via ogr2ogr

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Feb 2 03:49:53 EST 2009

Hi Georges,

I usually generate my KML files with a scripting language like PHP or
Perl. It gives you more fine-grained control over the structure and
content of the KML as opposed to "automatic" conversions like ogr2ogr or
FME.

It might be useful to post your KML somewhere if you want to have comments.

The KML tutorials at Google might be useful to get more insight on what
might be wrong with your KML:

http://code.google.com/apis/kml/documentation/kml_tut.html
also contains a KML reference.

If you want I can send you PHP examples how I generate polygons to KML
from Postgis. It is actually quite simple, since Postgis already offers
the AsKML() command for converting the geometry.

Andreas