[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.6 Java binding, Windows

Matthew Cole Matthew.Cole at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Feb 9 16:48:11 EST 2009

I've created java bindings for GDAL 1.6 in Windows and it seemed to work but
I'm getting linker errors whenever I try to access any gdal functions.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
C:\build182\gdal-1.6.0\swig\java\apps\gdaljni.dl
l: Can't find dependent libraries
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.AllRegister()V
        at org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.AllRegister(Native Method)
        at org.gdal.gdal.gdal.AllRegister(gdal.java:255)
        at R2gcpinfo.R2ExtractFootprint(R2gcpinfo.java:100)
        at R2gcpinfo.main(R2gcpinfo.java:78)

I've got it working for version 1.4, with the dlls in the same places, so
I'm not sure what the problem is.  II don't think the java binding are
officially supported for 1.6 but has anyone gottem them working?

Thanks for your help,
Matt