[gdal-dev] MapServer and GDAL build SDKs available

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 12:24:53 EST 2009

Folks,

I've uploaded my latest SDK packages which provide a quick solution to make
consistent debug or release builds with various compiler versions and
architectures. The Windows builders of the GDAL buildbot have already been
relying on these packages for quite a long time (until the buildbot was
alive ;-)
Those packages contain a number of the precompiled libraries required to be
able to build GDAL and MapServer successfully, each of the dependencies have
been compiled by using the same compiler so as to avoid the possible memory
issues reated to the mixed CRT dependencies. For this reason mixing the
dll-s and libs among these packages is highly discouraged and unsupported.
For the compiling instructions please refer to the readme.txt contained by
the packages. The supported dependencies/versions are enumerated in the /doc
subdirectory of the packages.
The C# packages correspond to the compiler default .NET Framework versions
1.1, 2.0 and 3.5.

The various versions of the packages can be downloaded from these locations:

MSVC2003 (Win32):  http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1310-dev.zip
MSVC2005 (Win32):  http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1400-dev.zip
MSVC2005 (Win64):  http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1400-x64-dev.zip
MSVC2008 (Win32):  http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1500-dev.zip
MSVC2008 (Win64):  http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1500-x64-dev.zip

You can download the corresponding binary only standalone packages from
these locations:

MSVC2003 (Win32):
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1310-gdal-1-6-mapserver.zip
MSVC2005 (Win32):
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1400-gdal-1-6-mapserver.zip
MSVC2005 (Win64):
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1400-x64-gdal-1-6-mapserver.zip
MSVC2008 (Win32):
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1500-gdal-1-6-mapserver.zip
MSVC2008 (Win64):
http://vbkto.dyndns.org:1280/sdk/release-1500-x64-gdal-1-6-mapserver.zip

In the near future (hopefully) I'll present automated daily builds of the
binaries for the development versions of GDAL and MapServer to be able to
stay in sync with the latest changes/fixes in the SVN easily.

Let me know about your experences, wishes

Best regards

Tamas