[gdal-dev] GDAL autotest (nitf_37) causes a crash on Windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Feb 28 12:53:30 EST 2009

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I'm just trying to run the python tests as a part of my regular builds,
> however the test mentioned above causes a crash either with Python25 or
> Python26 all the time.
> Could someone point me to a possible workaround to this issue? A
> fragment of the test output attached below:
>   TEST: nitf_34 ... success
>   TEST: nitf_35 ... success
>   TEST: nitf_36 ... 4.96162341488e+24 3.06042744026e+25
> fail
>     did not get expected mean or standard dev.
>   TEST: nitf_37 ... NMAKE : fatal error U1077:
> 'E:\builds\Python26\python.exe' :
>  return code '0xc0000409'
> Stop.

Tamas,

I was seeing a somewhat similar effect with the latest nitf.py and
a week old FWTools build but when I refreshed from the latest
GDAL source the problem went away leading me to suspect that the
test is for a recent fix put in by Even.  Are you confident you are
running the test with the latest source?  Perhaps there was a short overlap?