[gdal-dev] Puzzling results from gdalinfo with BSB nautical charts

Chris.Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 1 19:04:53 EST 2009

Even Rouault wrote:
> But I've no idea if there are BSB datasets that are not NAD83 or WGS84. In
> which case, the BSB driver would have to be improved to parse the appropriate
> line.

If anyone opens up that code, it would be great if they could do a bit
more -- BSB defines the projection completely( At least I think it
does), in addition to providing the GRPs. It would be nice if that
information was not lost.

What I don't know, is how GDAL can/should deal with having both GRPs and
complete projection information.

Otherwise, it should be a fairly simple matter of parsing the text header.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov