[gdal-dev] gdal2tiles.py and dateline gap

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 18:33:28 EST 2009

I've gotten the map tile output from gdal2tiles.py to work properly with
Tilecache and the results look pretty good.  However, I'm seeing a fairly
large gap in data at the international dateline.  I recall seeing some
discussion about this between Frank and Klokan on the list previously, and
recompiled gdal after editing gdal/alg/gdalwarpoperation.cpp and adding a
larger size to the sampling edge buffer.  This doesn't seem to have helped
though.

Is it possible to create a global tileset with gdal2tiles.py without having
a gap at the dateline?

Thanks,

Roger