[gdal-dev] used the GDAL/GEOS libraries (.dll and .lib) in my visual studio .net C++ project

chen cui cui_chan at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 07:47:03 EST 2009

Hello,
I have successfully used the GDAL/GEOS libraries (.dll and .lib) in my VC++ project. I just set the directory of where the gdal libraries are saved under the project property setting page - Additional Library Directories' and include directories. But when i run the debugging mode of my project,the libraries are not found: gdal15.dll, geos_c.dll,geos_c_fw.dll even those files are saved under the library directory. After i copied those file into Windows/system32, then it worked well. Is there any other way to solve this problem without saving the .dll files in the directory windows/system32?my computer operation system is windowsxp.thank you for your kind help! best regards! Cui