[gdal-dev] GDAL JAVA problem

Lucena, Ivan ivan.lucena at pmldnet.com
Mon Jan 12 14:05:12 EST 2009

Hi there,

I was able to run the gdalinfo.java demo source both in Linux and Windows by setting up a NetBeans Java App. I
just needed to add gdal.jar to the projects "libraries" and add the "gdaljni.dll" folder path to the VM Options like
that: "-Djava.library.path=E:\<path>". Now I am trying to replicate the same success history to a Java Web App but
I am getting a this run time error:

{{{
root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.gdal.gdal.gdalJNI.AllRegister()V
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:852)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:781)
	org.apache.jsp.response_jsp._jspService(response_jsp.java:109)
	org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:374)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	org.netbeans.modules.web.monitor.server.MonitorFilter.doFilter(MonitorFilter.java:390)

}}}

It seams to me that when the JSP calls my Java class, on the "gdal.AllRegister()", it cannot find or it cannot load the
gdaljni.dll even though the JVM is using the same -Djava.library.path as in the Java App.

I confess that I don't have a lot of experience with that environment so it could be that I am missing something
very simple.

Any advise would be welcome.

Ivan