[gdal-dev] including GCP file for gdal_translate

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:07:11 EDT 2009

Narmadha,

The file given with the option --optfile should just contain what the
options should be. It is a way to simplify things in case of long commands.
You will want to have the file (named, for example, options.txt) read
something like this...
-of GTiff -gcp 2 1 80.1 17.2 -gcp 98 99 78.3 18.4 merged_landsat.tif
merged_landsat_proj.tif
,all without a newline character. And you type this in the command line...

gdal_translate --optfile options.txt

And please do tell even if you are succesful.

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 3:59 PM, NarmadhaK <narmadhapk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chaitanya,
>
> I am successful in stacking the images to one file.
> Thanks for your help.
> But still I am unable to input the GCPs from .txt file.
> I just did this.
> >gdal_translate -of GTiff -gcp --optfile L5142051_05120060207_GCP.txt
> merged_landsat.tif merged_landsat_proj.tif
>
> Result was:
> Too many command options.
>
> Am I correct with the command or?
> Its is very important for me to input all the 90 GCPs.
>

> Narmadha

Chaitanya kumar CH.