[gdal-dev] How do we know the number of raster bands of a WKT Raster object?

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 20:01:02 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a doubt: I have a raster loaded in PostgreSQL with
gdal2wktraster, and I'm not sure of the best way to know the number of
raster bands the raster has. The fields "pixel_types" and
"nodata_values" from raster_columns table are arrays with one element
per raster band, so, counting the number of elements of one of these
arrays, I can get the number of raster bands. But it doesn't seem to
be a very "elegant" way. Do we have another way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards