[gdal-dev] Colored images from grayscale images.

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 14:30:17 EDT 2009

As far as coloring goes, Matt Perry had some C++ tools that included this
ability, see http://www.perrygeo.net/wordpress/?p=7 and look for
color-relief.cpp.  I recall that there was some talk that these would be
included in the GDAL utilities at some point, perhaps they already are.
Depending on what you intend to use the image for, I agree that using
Mapserver might be the best solution for doing this, especially since
generating the legend would be trivial.