[gdal-dev] Writing georeferencing and projection info to NetCDF with Python Scientific.IO.NetCDF

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:00:20 EDT 2009

Hi all,

After a considerable delay due to work on other projects, I would like to
get back to exploring the capability of the GDAL netCDF driver.  To that
end, I am trying to create some netCDF files in which I can control variable
names, number of dimensions etc.  I have been exploring the
Scientific.IO.NetCDF
Python module and am able to create generic netCDF files, but they lack
georeferencing and projection info.

Can someone out there point me to some documentation, or cut-and-paste some
code, which shows how this info could be added?

Thanks in advance,

Roger