[Gdal-dev] GDAL and ECW

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jul 16 14:31:44 EDT 2009

Le Thursday 16 July 2009 18:08:33 jteasis, vous avez écrit :
> I am working towards getting a program using ECW and other formats. I have
> gotten my GDAL 1.5.4 to install with the rest but ECW is giving me
> problems. I was wondering if there was somebody who could help me figure
> out how to compile GDAL with ECW correctly. I would greatly appreciate it.
> Thank you.

See http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildHints, section 'External Library
Issues'.
You could also fetch precompiled binaries with ECW support. See
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries (not all of them have
ECW support, but some yes)
And note that the latest stable version is GDAL 1.6.1.