[gdal-dev] DGN Data set creation options : Need details

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 07:46:28 EDT 2009

Nilesh,

Refer to the various links from http://www.gdal.org/ogr/
The datasource creation options are specific to each driver and often there
are no options and simply NULL is passed. You use them when the datasource
can be opened in different modes. I see that the current DGN driver supports
some options. You can start your search for your other doubts at
http://dgnlib.maptools.org/

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Nilesh Choure <nilesh.gis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>
> I am working on exporting features from other file formats into DGN and new
> to GIS field. From the ogr documentation I found that there are significant
> limitations on DGN writer part.
> But can anyone explain me or show link to what is the meaning of each data
> set creation option, what is the role of seed file in data set creation, Do
> altering data set creation options provide better data set.
>
> --
> Thanks & regards,
> Nilesh Choure
> nilesh.gis at gmail.com