[gdal-dev] AttributeError: 'MaskedArray' object has no attribute 'typecode' -- when writing GeoTiff

Greg Fiske gfiske at whrc.org
Fri Jul 17 15:45:49 EDT 2009

Dear list,

In python, I'm writing GeoTiff files from numpy arrays.  I keep getting the
error:
AttributeError: 'MaskedArray' object has no attribute 'typecode'

Of which I cannot find any good description.  Can anybody suggest a reason?

Thanks in advance for any advice, I've pasted my code below,

Greg

Research Associate/GIS Manager
The Woods Hole Research Center
149 Woods Hole Road
Falmouth MA, 02540
508-540-9900x139
gfiske at whrc.org
http://whrc.org

-------------------------
import os, sys, glob
import gdal
import osr
import numpy as np
import numpy.ma as ma

mylist = glob.glob(indir + "Y*lengthgrowseas.img")

MyArrayList = []
increment = 0

def WriteRaster (dst_filename, raster):
        format = "GTiff"
        driver = gdal.GetDriverByName( format )
        dst_ds = driver.Create( dst_filename, 1638, 660,1,gdal.GDT_Byte)
        srs = osr.SpatialReference()
        srs.ImportFromEPSG(4326) #WGS84 lat long.
        dst_ds.SetProjection( srs.ExportToWkt() )
        dst_ds.GetRasterBand(1).WriteArray(raster)
        dst_ds = None

for i in mylist:
        increment = increment + 1
        name, ext = i.split("ims/")
        ext2, ext3 = ext.split(".")
        dataset = gdal.Open(i)
        a = dataset.ReadAsArray().astype(Numeric.Float32)
        MyArrayList.append(a)
        del a

b = np.vstack([MyArrayList])
c = np.ma.masked_array(b, -9999)