[gdal-dev] Opening an oracle datasource

Sparks, Witt Witt.Sparks at nrel.gov
Thu Jul 23 14:04:14 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm attempting to use an Oracale database as an OGR datasource with feature server. I've specified my dns as "OCI:user/password at db_instance"

When this string gets passed to _gdal.OGROpen (line 127 of my copy of ogr.py), I receive the following error:

An error occurred: Unable to open: OCI:user/password at db_instance
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/fserv/FeatureServer/Server.py", line 247, in cgiHandler
    service = Server.load(*cfgfiles)
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/fserv/FeatureServer/Server.py", line 69, in _load
    config, section, 'DataSource')
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/fserv/FeatureServer/Server.py", line 49, in _loadFromSection
    return objclass(section, **objargs)
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/fserv/FeatureServer/DataSource/OGR.py", line 53, in __init__
    self.ds     = ogr.Open( dsn, int(writable) )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ogr.py", line 127, in Open
    raise OGRError, 'Unable to open: ' + filename

I can run ogrinfo from the command line, passing the same datasource name as above, successfully.

Thanks for any assistance.

Witt Sparks
National Renewable Energy Laboratory
Center for Transportation Technologies and Systems
witt_sparks at nrel.gov<mailto:witt_sparks at nrel.gov>
303-275-4494