[gdal-dev] Extract BIGTiff libraries from GDAL source package

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 23 21:12:01 EDT 2009

David Burken wrote:
> Enrico,
>
> I like to build straight from cvs:
>
> cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon at cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot co libtiff

Enrico,

I concur with Dave.  The best place to get the latest libtiff4 with
bigtiff support is CVS.  Please note that the Aperio code is a distinct
fork of libtiff and not supported or encouraged for use by the core
libtiff maintainers (ie. me).  It is unfortunate that it places well on
a BigTIFF google search as it has lead several folks astray, including
at least one sizable commercial organization who helped fund the
official libtiff BigTIFF port!

Best regards,