[gdal-dev] support for gml 3 in gdal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jun 9 11:48:09 EDT 2009

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to ask about current status of GML 3.x in OGR. Can it be
> created? Can I specify custom profiles?
>
> If not, is there any plan for implementing GML 3.1 to GML?

Jachym,

Chaitanya has a small contract to implement limited support for reading and
I think writing GML 3.1.1 products.  He is working on that now and can
hopefully provide some more detail.  I may have a contract over the next half
year or so to implement full fledged GML SF support based on GML 3.1.1.

Right now I do not believe OGR can produce GML 3.1.1 products but it is
possible it will soon depending on what Chaitanya is attempting.